You may need a tooth extraction if your tooth gets damaged, infected, decayed, or diseased over time. We offer quick, efficient and safe tooth extraction services to help you relieve your discomfort and pain.
Our skilled and professional team aims to make the teeth extraction procedure as pain-free and comfortable as possible.
Our team also has emergency tooth extraction in Aurora with a same-day appointment for immediate ease from discomfort and pain. Our team always helps a new or existing patient the same day if in pain or if not comfortable. Moreover, there are several reasons why a dentist may recommend having a tooth removed:
Our team also provides emergency dental services at Desert Rose if:
Indeed, you can remove your teeth, but it is never a good idea. Many things can push the need to have a tooth extracted. Infections, Cracks, advanced tooth decay, and more can result in the need for teeth removal. Nevertheless, extracting your tooth yourself can result in the necessity for much more expensive dental work.
One of the rare questions in dental extraction is how is a tooth extracted? Our experienced and compassionate team will describe the entire tooth removal procedure and answer any queries you may have about the process.
We will have a brief talk before the extraction process patients.
We will take an X-ray film of the infected tooth during this consultation. You might be prescribed certain medicines on the day of your operation to lessen post-operative pain and swelling. Your gums and mouth will be numbed by general anesthesia before the tooth removal; depending on your general health conditions, we choose the best anesthesia for you.
During the extraction process, the tooth may need to be “fiddled” out, or a small cut is made in your gums to reach the infected tooth, jawbone and remaining root. After that, it will be removed using dental instruments.
We will use clotting medicines, gauze pads, or suture the wounds to control bleeding and promote faster recovery for your situation. You are recommended to visit after about a week to check the extraction site recovery and remove any stitches that do not dissolve. Lastly, you would not suffer any pain during your extraction because of the anesthesia that your dentist uses as much as needed to numb the area completely.
• Rest for a few hours after the procedure but do not lie flat. Keep your head elevated with two pillows.
• Start brushing the rest of the teeth gently after 12 hours.
• Avoid stinking or spitting for 24 hours.
• Avoid strenuous activities for about 24 hours for undisturbing blood clots in the site of removed teeth.
• Rinse your mouth with warm saltwater and outpour it lightly after a couple of hours passing removal.
• Do not eat, drink or rinse for the first 4 hours. (Briefly drinking water to take painkiller tablets is the exception and allowed in the first 4hrs)
• How long after tooth extraction can you smoke? Try to avoid smoking for at least seven days.
• Tooth extraction Healing can become delayed and painful if smoking and alcohol are not avoided within the first seven days.
• Sometimes patients say that I smoked after tooth extraction. What will happen? The answer is; that it may cause dry socket, or sometimes nothing would happen, but you must avoid smoking after a tooth is out.
• The efficiency of anesthesia will disappear about 5 or 6 hours after the tooth is taken out, so you might need painkillers. Our dentist will prescribe tooth extraction pain relief for your tooth extraction recovery.
What is crucial for us is for you to have the best experience in our office. If you’re with kids, we understand that your kid can be hard to deal with in the case of dental treatment, so we try to behave with the most suitable attitude. If you, as an adult, have dental phobia, we will assure you that we try to be as gentle as possible, and there is nothing to be afraid of. We will let you know the procedure that will happen, and if anything is not tolerable for you or your child and you are not comfortable enough, we will try to replace it with other methods. We are conveniently located at Yonge St., Aurora, and we try to set appointments with flexibility in hours so all your family members can make it in time.
Things to eat after tooth extraction are limited. Try to eat light meals and choose cold, easy-to-chew foods like yogurt, soups, mashed potatoes, fruit conserves, vanilla ice cream and noodles to help the normal socket heal correctly and not accost a dry socket after tooth extraction.
When can I eat solid food after tooth extraction? It depends on your healing procedure, you might be able to eat solid foods after 3-4 days, or it might last a week.
If an Impacted wisdom tooth fails to erupt correctly, this wisdom tooth extraction is generally considered the most difficult tooth to extract. Another complicated teeth removal is molar extraction which usually is for adults.
The cost of a tooth extraction varies and depends on the complexity and the number of teeth you want to remove.
But our team’s effort is to price it affordably. Contact us at Desert Rose and book an appointment with our tooth extraction dentist to check your dental situation.
Fill in the form below and our team will Call you as soon as possible
Fax: (365) 500-2627
Unit #1, 15450 Yonge St.
ON L4G 0K1